Lonely Planet Picks Busan as Best Asian Destination for 2018
Book your train to Busan now.
- Lonely Planet's travel experts have recently released their list of 2018's '10 Best Places to Visit in Asia'.
- Topping their recommendation is Busan, which is South Korea's second largest city
- Other cities like Ho Chi Minh and Arugam Bay made the list.
Also read: Seoul to Busan
Lonely Planet's choice
In Lonely Planet's annual roundup of the best destinations in Asia for 2018, the thriving city of Busan in South Korea made it to the top. With its 'eclectic offering of activities to suit all travellers,' Busan is selected as the most exciting city to visit in the next 12 months.
Lonely Planet has noted that the following will make Busan 'steal the spotlight' among Asian counterparts this 2018:
- Best Beach Getaway
- Hike hills to Buddhist temples
- Hot Springs
- Jagalchi Market
- Street art & traditional dance show
- Busan's International Film Festival
Gansu, China was last year's best Asian destination.
Noteworthy Asian Vacation Spots
Other destinations that made it in this year's list are the following:
1. Busan, South Korea
3. Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4. Western Ghats, India
5. Nagasaki, Japan
6. Chiang Mai, Thailand
7. Lumbini, Nepal
8. Arugam Bay, Sri Lanka
9. Sichuan Province, China
10. Komodo National Park, Indonesia
Don't Miss Out
To stay updated on our latest Korea features, like ManilaxSeoul on Facebook.