LOOK BACK: I Am Not a Robot (Part 3)
Kim Min Kyu discovers the truth about Jo Ji Ah.
Kim Min Kyu tries to move on from Aji-3 and lives as a changed man.
Jo Ji Ah leaves Seoul to start life anew.
But destiny brings the two back together, for better or worse.
Let's take a look at what went down:
Also read: LOOK BACK: I Am Not a Robot (Part 2)
1. Sta. Maria team surprises Kim Min Kyu with dinner to cheer him up.
2. They play a game, and suddenly Aji-3 pops up in Min Kyu's head.
Just when you thought you've already fixed your self, something like this happens.
3. Later on, they happen to be in one place at almost the same time.
'Cause what's meant to be is meant to be.
4. They even get to sit across each other, and Kim Min Kyu couldn't believe his eyes.
When you see your beloved robot looking so HUMAN.
5. He didn't dare drop his gaze.
This got me so excited I had to watch it over and over.
6. Min Kyu drops his original schedule to follow the mysterious Aji-3 lookalike.
7. And he does so aggressively.
Admit it, we all have this (stalker) tendency.
8. Ji Ah then calls her friends for help.
Should she tell him the truth or prolong the lie?
9. In order to protect Min Kyu, Ji Ah treats him like a stranger (and stalker!).
To explain the resemblance between her and Aji-3, Ji Ah tells Min Kyu that she was hired by Sta. Maria team to become the model inspiration for the robot.
(Can I just say that how Ji Ah's holding it in at this point is just amazing!)
10. Kim Min Kyu asks Ji Ah to be his friend.
It's the only thing he tries to achieve in this unexpected detour, but we know Ji Ah couldn't.
11. To help Ji Ah with her sticky situation, Sta. Maria Team comes to the rescue and picks up Min Kyu. He promises never to bother Ji Ah again.
Yeah, let's forget the fact that he's a director to a big company. 😂
12. But like a teenager, Min Kyu runs away to find Ji Ah, if only to see her face one more time.
Before this scene, Ji Ah was crying her heart out, which proves that she too misses Min Kyu and that the encounter was't easy for her.
13. But what Min Kyu finds is something much more...
14. ...something that triggered his deadly allergies.
And Ji Ah blames herself.
15. Knowing he was lied to by the very people he trusted, Min Kyu reverts to his distrusting and unkind self and ignores Ji Ah.
16. But Ji Ah is determined to seek forgiveness no matter how long it takes.
17. But Min Kyu's heart is closed and understandably so.
18. In his solitude, Min Kyu does some thinking and realizes that while Ji Ah lied to him, there may still be a part of her that was real.
Later on, he touches the heart lamp and reaches out to Ji Ah!.
19. That tiny benefit of the doubt was enough for them to talk things through...
20. ...and finally reconcile.
Here's a bonus GIF... a two-year jump to the storyline!