Ark Blue Hotel
We didn't expect to be amazed, but we were.
- Ark Blue Hotel in Busan offers modern and elegant accommodations for all types of travelers.
- Rooms available are upscale gender-exclusive capsule dormitories, twin, and double.
- Haeundae beach is just a 4-minute walk from this hotel in Busan.
- Average rate per night is ₱700 (or $15.2) for the capsule dormitory and ₱2,200 (or $42) for the standard rooms.
- For your convenience, booking links are provided below.
Also read: Seoul to Busan
Ark Blue Hotel in Busan
We had three things in mind when we booked our stay in Busan. We want a hostel that's cheap, close to the beach, and has great reviews. A quick search on Airbnb led us to Ark Blue Hotel, a modern-looking accommodation in Haeundae district that promises proximity to the beach and offers fully-equipped capsule dormitories. Almost instantly we made our booking, and as soon as we checked in, we knew we made the right decision.
Cheap hostel in Busan
Ark Blue Hotel may not charge much, but we never felt that our stay was compromised. Our single beds in the capsule dormitory were slightly wider than usual (though, admittedly, a bit hard), and the in-room bath looked very sleek. Each capsule has a stowable table that can be used for dining and study, as well as two wall sockets, which made us (our gadgets, rather) very happy. In terms of security, you may be delighted to know that Ark Blue Hotel's rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art lock system, which provided us utmost security. For a stay that's very cheap, we really did not see all these things coming.
If you're looking for a private room, you may also want to check out Ark Blue Hotel's offerings, which look just as noteworthy:
Image credit: Booking.com
Beyond the Beds
Aside from the nicely designed rooms, Ark Blue Hotel also offers the following:
- Complimentary coffee (Espresso and 3-in-1)
- Roofdeck + BBQ
- Terrace, kitchen and, fridge (for select rooms)
- English and Japanese-speaking staff
- Laundry (washer and dryer)
- Complimentary Wifi
- Locker for capsule dorms (if availed, you'll be required to put down a deposit of ₩10,000 (around ₱475 or $9)
Ark Blue: Location & Points of Interest
Ark Blue Hotel is located in Haeundae-gu, Busan. Restaurants and convenience stores are well within reach. Nearby attractions include Haeundae Beach, Busan Aquarium, Dongbaekseom Island, and Busan Museum of Art.
Here's the address: 25, Haeundaehaebyeon-ro 209beonga-gil, Haeundae-gu, 48093 Busan, South Korea (Open in map)
OPTION 1: Booking.com
- PRICE: Average ₱700-2,500, depending on room type, season, and availability
- Options include Single Bed (Male), Single Bed (Female), Deluxe Twin, Standard Double, Deluxe Double
- Check-in: 3pm
- Check-out: 11am
OPTION 2: Airbnb
- PRICE: ₱600-800 for the shared room or capsule dormitory (rates vary depending on availability)
- Check-in: 3pm
- Check-out: 11am
Click on the button below to create an account with AirBNB using my referral code. This will give you instant travel credits.
- Ark Blue Hotel is about 45-55 min away via subway from Busan station.
- Expect to walk for 10-15 minutes if you're coming from Haeundae station to reach Ark Blue Hotel.
- To get an estimate of your transportation costs, also read: Count the Cost: Budget Tips for Your South Korea Trip
For more travel guides and updates, like ManilaxSeoul on Facebook.